In between autumn and spring, there comes the hottest natural season which we call as summer. It is the hottest season of the year. Summer has different modes in different areas of the world, so we also need to learn tips to stay healthy in summer season. In most areas, it’s dry while in some places it comes with a lot of rains and floods.
Generally, it starts in June and ends in September every year in northern pats of the earth while its duration in southern parts of the earth is between December and March. This is because when the north part of the Earth points towards the Sun, the south part points away. In this article, we are going to discuss how to stay healthy in summer season.
Summer is a season full of opportunities to go outside and increase our activities. However, the hotness and humidity in summer can create great health problems like dehydration, heatstroke, allergies and even cancer.
Eating appropriate food items is not enough to stay healthy during summer. It is important to note that regular healthy habits can boost health in a right way. It will also tell us how to stay healthy in summer season. If someone is not having healthy habits, summer is the best season to take advantage of it. Benefits can be taken from summer by enjoying walks or light exercises like gardening and jogging etc. But there must be use of plenty of juices and soft drinks during summer.
3 Ways to Stay Healthy In this Summer Season:
1. Apply Your Daily SPF
No one likes a sunburn and no one likes those funky tan lines. Applying sunscreen is important.
Not only does sunscreen help prevent skin cancer, but it has also been proven to help slow down your skin’s aging process. Severe sun burns (also known as sun poisoning) can also lead to extreme dehydration, if you aren’t careful, which could require a stay in the hospital.so this is the best way to stay Healthy in this Summer Season.
A sunscreen with a lower SPF can be just as effective as one with a higher SPF. However, people with a fairer complexion should use a higher SPF, due to less melanin in their skin. Lotions are usually a little more effective than sprays, just because there is less of a chance for streaking.
2. Embrace “Healthier” Barbeques
Families and friends love to have a good barbeque during the summer, but instead of the traditional staples, broaden your palette a little.
Instead of the traditional burgers and brats, opt for grilled chicken or try some fresh fish on the grill.
These portions of tasty protein are much healthier than hamburgers or hot dogs, and they leave you feeling fuller longer. For some tasty and healthy recipe grilling ideas, check out these healthy ideas from our friends over at Cooking Light magazine.
3. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
Water is your best bet for a summer beverage. Sure, you can still enjoy the occasional cocktail, you just need to drink more water if you are going to be outdoors for more than a few hours.
For every hour that you are in the sun, you should drink at least 1-2 glasses, or at least 1-2 bottles. This prevents dehydration and will replenish your energy levels while you take in the rays.
Following are the tips how to stay healthy in summer season:
- The basic of all is to Drink Plenty of water. Human body should never be dehydrated. Drink maximum glasses of water during day hours and never forget to drink water before sleeping. This could be one of your Tip for Summer to Stay Healthy.
- Although water is compulsory but one must also take good liquids as well. Juices of fresh fruits and shakes are highly recommended. Fruits can also be consumed directly.
- Always prefer to light foods which can be digested easily. Try to avoid oily and junk foods like pizza’s and burgers. Try to eat fresh food to get benefits.
- Wear clothes which are 100% cotton so that they can absorb sweat and keep you cool. Preference should be lightweight, light-colored and loose fitting clothes.
- Get a good pair of sunglasses whenever you are going for an outdoor activity so that it can protect your eyes from Ultraviolet rays and intense heat outside.
According to doctors, some of the beneficial food items during summer are:
These are some of the beneficial tips about how to stay healthy in the summer season.